Welcome to the hydroponic cannabis growing section. There are many ways to grow cannabis in hydroponic setups. Use this section to discuss your ideas, methods and ask any questions you may have about growing cannabis in hydroponic systems. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Gadgets and general geekery

Discuss growing cannabis hydroponically
Nanook
Respected Member

Re: Gadgets and general geekery

Post by Nanook »

I have bought a rasp pi etc but not yet messed about with it tbh.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Hmr81 wrote:I've not got myself a pi yet but have seen loads of gardening projects that give me the code to monitor sensors, so i guess thats one use of it but i am yet to find someting that could automate the mix of nutes and feeding. i am being rather ambitious i must admit but just curious if anyone has ever done something or if im wasting my time and theres an out of the box solution.
Nanook has a thread for you... I'm sure he will be back with a link in a second or search for turnkey in the forum search bud. I think it's right up your street

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Point 5
Respected Member

Post by Point 5 »

Dont encourage him I've lost him once he has a project to work on lol
Whoever said the best things in life are free blatantly grew their own pot
:puff puff:

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Hmr81 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:47 pm
Thanks for the link, i will have a read after work. I haven't found all the equipment i would need to do the type of system im thinking of yet.
I had a thought that i would use a system to mix the nutes on the fly, then pass to a water chamber to mix, then measure and adjust ph and ec and then pass on to plants, a simple database with the mixing qty wold be easy enough to read off. but like i said, early days in my thought process. I have access to a lot of engineering equipment so its just time i need i think lol.

and .5, you can sshhh lol. I've stopped racing for this project grow lol
Your gonna give Nanook a semi :lol:

i look forward to your thoughts, I love the idea but have no experience with any of the equipment needed so ill just be lurking and learning :D

Point 5
Respected Member

Post by Point 5 »

Hmr81 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:47 pm
Thanks for the link, i will have a read after work. I haven't found all the equipment i would need to do the type of system im thinking of yet.
I had a thought that i would use a system to mix the nutes on the fly, then pass to a water chamber to mix, then measure and adjust ph and ec and then pass on to plants, a simple database with the mixing qty wold be easy enough to read off. but like i said, early days in my thought process. I have access to a lot of engineering equipment so its just time i need i think lol.

and .5, you can sshhh lol. I've stopped racing for this project grow lol

Cheeky git shhhhhh'ing me! :lol:

Return to “Hydroponic Cannabis Growing”