Welcome to the hydroponic cannabis growing section. There are many ways to grow cannabis in hydroponic setups. Use this section to discuss your ideas, methods and ask any questions you may have about growing cannabis in hydroponic systems. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Reservoir cleaning.. Wilma system (Recirculating)

Discuss growing cannabis hydroponically
Lukeypoo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Reservoir cleaning.. Wilma system (Recirculating)

Post by Lukeypoo »

Soo I'm gearing up to start my wilma systems again and there hella dirty.. Not so much dirty then salt buildups and I can't find anything to shift it!
I just used a whole bottle of Black disinfectant and elbow grease and it looks better.. But not clean
I then tried the jet wash and all its really done its got me wet..
Any advice on what to use!?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

✌️Lukeypoo✌️

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Samwise Gamgee

Re: Reservoir cleaning.. Wilma system (Recirculating)

Post by Samwise Gamgee »

I put mine in the shower and just scrub it with scouring pads and demestos, if its limescale that has accumalated then warm water will dissolve it. I would looking at adding amino acids to your feed schedule as well as that will stop the limescale build up :)
Lukeypoo wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:31 pm
Soo I'm gearing up to start my wilma systems again and there hella dirty.. Not so much dirty then salt buildups and I can't find anything to shift it!
I just used a whole bottle of Black disinfectant and elbow grease and it looks better.. But not clean
I then tried the jet wash and all its really done its got me wet..
Any advice on what to use!?

Lukeypoo

Post by Lukeypoo »

Demestos toilet bleach?
I originally tried with some cheap bleach in the shower and maybe just didn't use enough elbow grease
Has anyone tried vinegar for mineral deposits?

I might also try this next run with a different brand of nutes, currently using my local hydroshops in house nutes and the plants haven't wanted for anything, I normally use the canna range and have always had to add calmag and things like that whereas this stuff, from the start they've been happy!
I just read something about its more prone with 2 part nutrients??

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

I am lazy, I NEVER cleaned mine or emptied them and just topped up grow to grow pmfsl
I did however run dutch pro keep it clean through it on fills which seemed to stop the drioppers clogging as well as the odd splash of H2o2 ( liquid oxygen from growth tech )
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

You can clean limescale with a product called Viakal mate. It's spray and just spray it leave for a few minutes, scrub it gently and wash with hot water. As Samwise advised you can use RAW OmniA. It really helps :)

Lukeypoo

Post by Lukeypoo »

@Nanook yer this is the first time I've actually cleaned mine normally id just empty and fill but I've built a new setup so feel I should clean everything I'm reusing before going in and it was hella bad the picture didnt really do it justice

@Bulls my Mrs picked me up a bottle of that and I never even bothered using it coz the bleach didn't touch it, last time I used the scratchy side of a dish sponge and this time I used the viakal and a brillo pad and what a difference it made!
I'm probably going to give it another scrub on the bottom but I'm significantly happier with the results and less work then the dish sponge

Lukeypoo

Post by Lukeypoo »

The amino acids the @samwise mentioned.. What is it? Can I use it with all other nutes in the tank?

Return to “Hydroponic Cannabis Growing”