Welcome to the hydroponic cannabis growing section. There are many ways to grow cannabis in hydroponic setups. Use this section to discuss your ideas, methods and ask any questions you may have about growing cannabis in hydroponic systems. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

top feed/waterfall rdwc Build Guide

Discuss growing cannabis hydroponically
MrMan
Respected Member

top feed/waterfall rdwc Build Guide

Post by MrMan »

This is going to be my guide on how I am putting together my new RDWC that I'm building. This guide is easily scaled up for those wanting to build something similar.

This guide will be in 2 parts as I am still waiting for some of the stuff to arrive. This part will cover getting the first lot of holes drilled into the buckets and fitting the digital thermometers.

Some of the items on the shopping list are optional and smaller pumps can be used.

shopping list.

3x 20l black buckets with lids (20l buckets are the smallest I'd recommend for this type of system but you can always go bigger.)
1x 2400l/hour water pump (I wouldn't go below a 1500l/hour pump for this size system and it's always better to get bigger when possible.)
1x 80l/m air pump (a 40l/m air pump would be sufficient, as with the water pump, getting a bigger pump will be better where possible.)
7x 1/2inch Uniseal bulkheads (solid plastic bulkheads can also be used if you want.)
19mm pipe.
2x digital thermometers with probes (optional.)
5x19mm 90 degree barbed fittings.
1x19mm T barbed fitting.
32mm and 140mm hole saw bits (32mm is the bit required for the 1/2 inch Uniseals and the 140mm is for drilling a hole in the lid for the net pot.)
Knife (for cutting hole in lid for thermometers).
2x 140mm net pots.

Cost of around £200-£250

1st drill 3 holes with the 32mm hole saw bit in 1 bucket this will be the reservoir.

Then put 3 of the Uniseal bulkheeads into the holes.

Next drill 2 holes in the other 2 buckets then put the Uniseal bulkheads in

I decided I wanted to keep an eye on the temp in each bucket so got 2 little digital thermometers with probes and cut a hole in thee lid for the thermometer to sit

The flexible tubing I chose is quite soft and the Uniseals are quite taut to push the hose through so I cut a small slit in the end of the pipe to make it a lot easier to push through.

This guide will continue as soon as thee rest of my stuff has arrived.
“You’ll only die from cannabis if someone drops a 4kg block of it on you from a three-storey building.”

Last Diary

Kali Dog Areoponics Scrog

IF KEENO IS MENTORING YOU DO THE OPPOSITE THAT HE SAYS AND YOU'LL HAVE MONSTERS

Clunge Muncher
Has thanked: 0

Re: top feed/waterfall rdwc

Post by Clunge Muncher »

Nice one MM, i'll buckle up for the ride and good luck with the build..
Resident armchair grower :D .

i spy

Post by i spy »

good luck MM

Buster
Been thanked: 0

Post by Buster »

Lovely little guide. Currently using DWC myself,

MrMan
Respected Member

Post by MrMan »

thanks buster just waiting on the rest of the pipe to show up so i can finish putting it together got 2 more holes to drill aswell

MrMan
Respected Member

Post by MrMan »

everything is here apart form a single barb that i need was hoping it would turn up today but no luck should be here tomorrow so i can finish this guide and get my plants in

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Brilliant write up MM, cant wait to see it in action mate.

MrMan
Respected Member

Re: top feed/waterfall rdwc Part 2

Post by MrMan »

Okay everything is here now so let's finish this guide off. I had a few hiccups with the pump as the inlet barb provided is too big for my hose, so after purchasing a replacement barb that didn't fit I decided to just attach the inlet for the pump directly to the bucket.

Next I drilled the holes in the top of the bucket for the top feed/waterfall and put uniseals in them.

After that all I had to do was measure and cut the hose to make up the loop and cut holes in lids.

Elbows were put in the buckets for the top feed/waterfall the elbows I've got a a little too big so need to get some slightly smaller ones at some point and cut the bottom part of the elbow to make it shorter but they will do for now.

Then all I had to do was move my plants form the old system to the new one.

I will be keeping my eyes open for any leaks over the next few days and any changes I make I'll update in this tread.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

yeah nice setup mm running a 600 HPS i pressume ? what strain are you running with pal?
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

MrMan
Respected Member

Post by MrMan »

yeaah 600w hps and 2 reveg bulk cuts https://growroom420.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=147 theres a link to my diary

Return to “Hydroponic Cannabis Growing”