Welcome to the hydroponic cannabis growing section. There are many ways to grow cannabis in hydroponic setups. Use this section to discuss your ideas, methods and ask any questions you may have about growing cannabis in hydroponic systems. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

top feed/waterfall rdwc Build Guide

Discuss growing cannabis hydroponically
Donks
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: top feed/waterfall rdwc

Post by Donks »

That's looking tidy mate. It'll soon get rammed in their, nicely done.

Clunge Muncher
Has thanked: 0

Post by Clunge Muncher »

Good to see it all together mate, as said gonna be packed soon :).
Resident armchair grower :D .

B.G.
Known User

Post by B.G. »

Mr man can I ask is your rubber hosing, drinking water safe grade hose ? I’m only asking as a few years ago I built a similar system and used a cheap rubber garden hose , this after a few months of running caused me serious issues as the rubber hose leached chemicals and oils into the system. I’m led to believe the salts/nutes helped break the rubber down which in end didn’t make for healthy plants. If you have ever drank from a garden hose you’ll know it doesn’t taste great.

MrMan
Respected Member

Post by MrMan »

Yes it's safe for use, I didn't cheap out on anything.
“You’ll only die from cannabis if someone drops a 4kg block of it on you from a three-storey building.”

Last Diary

Kali Dog Areoponics Scrog

IF KEENO IS MENTORING YOU DO THE OPPOSITE THAT HE SAYS AND YOU'LL HAVE MONSTERS

MrMan
Respected Member

Post by MrMan »

Update 2 months in
Over alll im very happy with the setup but there is a few thing i would of done different after using the system.

1.The thermometers in the lids of the plant buckets is a nice idea but in practice there useless once the plants have grown big and make viewing it near impossible. If i was to do it again i would put 1 in the reservoir bucket and not the plant buckets.

2.I would of made the holes for the netpots slightly smaller because due to the weight of the plant the pots have fell through thee holes in the buckets.

3.I would of used a slightly smaller water pump as this 1 moves the water so fast that thee reservoir is almost always at the minimum water level. I still agree with my above statement regarding not going below 1500l/hour but the 2400l/hour pump is too big for a 2 bucket system but would be perfect for a 4 - 6 bucket system maybe a 8 bucket system.

4.I would cover the lids of the buckets with mylar tape to reflect the light back away from the buckets. Not doing this caused me to have higher than usual res temps until i got hold of some sheeting that i put over the buckets, but this wasn't idea as it made inspecting more difficult. Tape on top of the lids would of solved this as it would of only been the bucket lids that was covered not the entire bottom of the tent.

Return to “Hydroponic Cannabis Growing”