Welcome to the hydroponic cannabis growing section. There are many ways to grow cannabis in hydroponic setups. Use this section to discuss your ideas, methods and ask any questions you may have about growing cannabis in hydroponic systems. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Pump for 100ltr flexi tank?

Discuss growing cannabis hydroponically
GreenFingerz_

Pump for 100ltr flexi tank?

Post by GreenFingerz_ »

Hey guys!

So I’m running my autopot system for the second time, all is well apart from after a couple of days I’m smelling abit of a stagnant smell in the tank. I have a small pump in there but feel like it’s not doing the job with regards to the smell. Can anyone recommend a pump ( UK ) if at all possible?

Many thanks!!
These users thanked the author GreenFingerz_ for the post:
Herbalist (Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:08 am)
:coco:

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Re: Pump for 100ltr flexi tank?

Post by Marcus »

Feed tanks do get a bit swampy smelly, give it a weekly shot of h2o2.

Your pump if immersed will be generating heat too, so that's probably helping with the bacteria multiplying. I don;t see a need for a pump in a feed tank.

I'd go down the h2o2 route and also give the sides of the tank a good wipe down when you change the feed. ISO spray and tissue will get all the green crap off.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 3):
Herbalist (Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:08 am) • GreenFingerz_ (Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:01 am) • Greenthirteen (Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:02 am)

GreenFingerz_

Post by GreenFingerz_ »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:11 am
Feed tanks do get a bit swampy smelly, give it a weekly shot of h2o2.

Your pump if immersed will be generating heat too, so that's probably helping with the bacteria multiplying. I don;t see a need for a pump in a feed tank.

I'd go down the h2o2 route and also give the sides of the tank a good wipe down when you change the feed. ISO spray and tissue will get all the green crap off.
Many thanks man!! I didn’t use a pump last run and didn’t have this issue so was thinking that but unsure. What percent h2o2 is best?

Many thanks
Marcus (Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:07 am)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

GreenFingerz_ wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:02 am
What percent h2o2 is best?
I use the Growth Tech Liquid Oxygen, it's cheap n cheerful. I just added a slosh every res top up, about 3ml/L and let it sit for a few hours before feeding the plants again.

There is Silver Bullet too, that stays in the tank for longer but is quite pricey. Folks who use it do like it from what I've read on the internet. I'll probably use that next time I run a res.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
GreenFingerz_ (Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:23 am)

GreenFingerz_

Post by GreenFingerz_ »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:12 am
GreenFingerz_ wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:02 am
What percent h2o2 is best?
I use the Growth Tech Liquid Oxygen, it's cheap n cheerful. I just added a slosh every res top up, about 3ml/L and let it sit for a few hours before feeding the plants again.

There is Silver Bullet too, that stays in the tank for longer but is quite pricey. Folks who use it do like it from what I've read on the internet. I'll probably use that next time I run a res.
Thanks man. I’ll have a look, do appreciate the help!
Marcus (Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:28 am)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

H202 is a great shout I haven’t needed to use it in tanks yet but I buy 3% and use it on cuts etc all the time it’s great, is silver bullet a colloidal silver product?

Return to “Hydroponic Cannabis Growing”