Welcome to the hydroponic cannabis growing section. There are many ways to grow cannabis in hydroponic setups. Use this section to discuss your ideas, methods and ask any questions you may have about growing cannabis in hydroponic systems. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Wilma system with coco

Discuss growing cannabis hydroponically
Samwise Gamgee
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wilma system with coco

Post by Samwise Gamgee »

Hey Nasty,

I have been using a Wilma 4 pot XXL (18 litre pots) for a couple of years now, and have had great results :)

Recirculating works really well with coco, and the plants dont suffer as long as they have enough nutes :)

I modded the watering system on my wilma thou, as it only allowed for one dripper per pot, I now have 3 per pot in case any get blocked :)

I also made it easier to empty the reservoir on the wilma when I was modding the system.

Happy to answer any questions you might have :)
Nastyhabitz_ wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:39 pm
First time posting in here has anyone used coco in a wilma system? Does recirculating the nutrients cause any plant issues?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nastyhabitz_

Post by Nastyhabitz_ »

Cheers mate

Ive used the wilma with clay pebbles before just not coco . I was affraid of nute lockout.
How often do you feed th coco mate? Also how did you modify it to empty it easier?
Samwise Gamgee wrote:Hey Nasty,

I have been using a Wilma 4 pot XXL (18 litre pots) for a couple of years now, and have had great results :)

Recirculating works really well with coco, and the plants dont suffer as long as they have enough nutes :)

I modded the watering system on my wilma thou, as it only allowed for one dripper per pot, I now have 3 per pot in case any get blocked :)

I also made it easier to empty the reservoir on the wilma when I was modding the system.

Nastyhabitz_ wrote:
First time posting in here has anyone used coco in a wilma system? Does recirculating the nutrients cause any plant issues?

Mrs Beefheart
Respected Member

Post by Mrs Beefheart »

hi and welcome along :)

Samwise Gamgee
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Samwise Gamgee »

Hey Nasty,

You need to feed daily in coco, the idea is to flush the pots out with new nutrients.

Nute lockout in coco only really happens when you over feed, especially in flower, if you use too much nitrogen. Most coco growers you will speak to all generally agree that in coco its better to under feed than over feed, I dont mean under feeding to the point of the plants yellowing, but your better keeping the plants a nice lighter green colour than a dark green colour.

I find the A&B type nutes are more prone to lockout due to the amount of nitrogen they contain.

I am cleaning out my tent this weekend, ready for the next lot to go in, so I will get some pictures of the modded system and post them here :)
Nastyhabitz_ wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:43 pm
Cheers mate

Ive used the wilma with clay pebbles before just not coco . I was affraid of nute lockout.
How often do you feed th coco mate? Also how did you modify it to empty it easier?
Samwise Gamgee wrote:Hey Nasty,

Nastyhabitz_ wrote:

Return to “Hydroponic Cannabis Growing”