Welcome to the hydroponic cannabis growing section. There are many ways to grow cannabis in hydroponic setups. Use this section to discuss your ideas, methods and ask any questions you may have about growing cannabis in hydroponic systems. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Need advice on a dripper system water

Discuss growing cannabis hydroponically
ncrypta.core
Known User

Need advice on a dripper system water

Post by ncrypta.core »

Hey Guy,
Hope your all well, I have a quick question as getting confused.

I'm planning/ got an idea on doing a organic living soil for my next run but the idea is on using a Wilma for some/all of the grow. I'll be running probably just water with some yucca in it.

I roughly know the amount i need to put in the soil every few days, just wondering how would i set up the timer for every other day for example as there be a time where it will feed twice in 2 days which i wouldn't want?

Would it be best to feed everyday with half that amount like if was feeding 750ml every other day, would feed 375ml per day instead?

Would it be best to split the feeding thought the day or all at once as the idea is no run off ?

Last question.

If wanted to feed them tea would i brew half the amount needed for the day and just change the timer?

I'll be using a zigbee smart plug for the timer

thanks in advance if anyone can point me in the right way.

NC
These users thanked the author ncrypta.core for the post (total 2):
GMO (Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:58 pm) • anova.330 (Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:11 pm)
Where the salts go, the water will follow

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Need advice on a dripper system water

Post by GMO »

This is a bit of a complex question mate

alot of factor will change the battle plan. Pot size, plant size, temp, air flow, RH etc

from what im seeing, In veg a constant moisture level can be a hindrance to getting the pots fully rooted out but then in flower you still want more dry back between waterings to encourage good paced growth

If your sure you wanna go down the auto feeder route, take a look into blumat - they are low pressure mechanical water pumps using terracotta and a diaphragm
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
ncrypta.core (Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:05 pm) • anova.330 (Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:11 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

Damn, I thought tho.

But sort of answered my own question god damn it :lol: as I knew your feed at 5-10% of pot size and that was from ecothrive but this build a solo post makes more sense, as already following vpd and dli
For example: 30 Gallons of soil = (30 gallons of soil x 5% = 1.5 gallons of water)

The next thing to remember is that it’s all relative to VPD, plant size vs. container size, and speed of growth.

VPD = Vapor Pressure Deficit and is the key to balancing proper temperatures with consideration to the humidity.

For instance. You have 10 gallon soil containers. You’ll probably water half of a gallon per watering and you could even use a little less if you do this daily or the plant is not large yet. But if you live somewhere where it is humid and your grow room is not warm, your plants will not be growing under ideal circumstances which means they just won’t be able to drink as much water as needed. That being said you would then need to factor that into your watering equation.

Now on the other hand if you have a larger plant and it’s dry and warm you’ll probably be watering closer to 1 full gallon of water per each watering and still maybe everyday.

Think of soil moisture on a scale of 1-10. 1 being bone dry and 10 being muddy wet. We want to operate in the 3-7 range all day long, day in and day out. You can do this by calibrating automatic watering systems or by hand watering with a little intelligent thought.
Link: https://buildasoil.com/blogs/news/how-t ... nder-water

Also learned the once a week you water till you see signs of runoff. let's say runoff was at 1L and the previous week it was 750ml that 1ltr is now your 10% but Think it might be time to invest in a moisture soil meter and a par reader for dli.

It's just an idea atm, not a dead sirt just thinking on how to streamline things while keeping things organic.

oh I'm looking at the Wilma small 4x11lt but will be using 9l airport instead and air pump etc
These users thanked the author ncrypta.core for the post (total 2):
GMO (Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:35 am) • anova.330 (Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:12 pm)

anova.330
Respected Member

Post by anova.330 »

Consider earth boxes if they fit your style.
#growingwitheagle #crystals #petioles #eagleproudwarriortheproject #weednerdworld
#potectDiscord

Return to “Hydroponic Cannabis Growing”