Welcome to Growroom420! If this is your first visit then you have found the friendliest canna forum on the net and your home of all things growing. Check out grow diaries, enter competitions and much more. Click here to register and become part of our growing community.

Feed grow nutes first week of bloom or not?

Cant find what you're looking for? ask here!
Post Reply
User avatar
darrenking241
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:27 pm
Location: County Durham
Has thanked: 318 times
Been thanked: 122 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Feed grow nutes first week of bloom or not?

Post by darrenking241 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:06 pm

Hello I was just wondering if anyone can help me I am due to flip to 12/12 today and need to know wether I should feed grow nutes the first week of bloom or not thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author darrenking241 for the post (total 3):
Bulls (Fri May 17, 2019 3:30 pm) • GMO (Fri May 17, 2019 3:50 pm) • Smokey (Fri May 17, 2019 8:00 pm)

User avatar
Bulls

GR420 Grafter
Coco Grower
Posts: 6444
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:39 am
Medals: 1
Location: Gagliari
Has thanked: 3152 times
Been thanked: 5814 times
Status: Offline

Re: Feed grow nutes first week of bloom or not?

Post by Bulls » Fri May 17, 2019 3:30 pm

You should be feeding veg nutrients until they start forming crowns buddy or until 2 weeks after flip.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 5):
GMO (Fri May 17, 2019 3:50 pm) • Thrasherdude (Fri May 17, 2019 6:16 pm) • Smokey (Fri May 17, 2019 8:00 pm) • jimmi2scoops (Fri May 31, 2019 1:34 pm) • darrenking241 (Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:25 pm)
Chiesel Grow Diary
Glueberry OG by Dutch Passion

Eyes are useless when the mind is blind

User avatar
darrenking241
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:27 pm
Location: County Durham
Has thanked: 318 times
Been thanked: 122 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Feed grow nutes first week of bloom or not?

Post by darrenking241 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:40 pm

Bulls wrote:You should be feeding veg nutrients until they start forming crowns buddy or until 2 weeks after flip.
Ok thank you Bulls


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author darrenking241 for the post (total 3):
GMO (Fri May 17, 2019 3:50 pm) • Bulls (Fri May 17, 2019 3:58 pm) • Smokey (Fri May 17, 2019 8:00 pm)

User avatar
jimmi2scoops
Team TGC
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:10 pm
Location: Next door to you
Has thanked: 302 times
Been thanked: 333 times
Status: Offline

Re: Feed grow nutes first week of bloom or not?

Post by jimmi2scoops » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Theirs a pretty good shout for using higher pk ferts to induce flowering a little quicker
These users thanked the author jimmi2scoops for the post:
darrenking241 (Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:09 pm)
Today i started gardening.....I planted myself in front of the TV and sat their the whole day.

User avatar
Viz

100 Post 500 Posts 100 Thanks 500 Thanks 1000 Thanks
Moderators Known User Award Respected Users Plant Of The Month Completed Diary
Golf Medal Medical Grower Bud Of the Month Xmas Party
Respected User
Posts: 1553
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:23 pm
Medals: 14
Has thanked: 314 times
Been thanked: 1945 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Feed grow nutes first week of bloom or not?

Post by Viz » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:07 pm

If you want to speed the flip process up it is simple. On flip day turn the lights off for 48 hours. Bang flower time...

The plant biology that tells the plant to start flowering takes a while to happen due to the need for the veg plant hormones needing to be absorbed back into the plant. This process normally takes a good few days, and is why we only start to see buds sites forming after ten days or so. The extended period of darkness facilitates the absorption of the grow hormones and the release of the flower instructions.
These users thanked the author Viz for the post:
jimmi2scoops (Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:33 am)
Tangerine Dream Grow Log.



User avatar
darrenking241
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:27 pm
Location: County Durham
Has thanked: 318 times
Been thanked: 122 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Feed grow nutes first week of bloom or not?

Post by darrenking241 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:11 pm

Viz wrote:If you want to speed the flip process up it is simple. On flip day turn the lights off for 48 hours. Bang flower time...

The plant biology that tells the plant to start flowering takes a while to happen due to the need for the veg plant hormones needing to be absorbed back into the plant. This process normally takes a good few days, and is why we only start to see buds sites forming after ten days or so. The extended period of darkness facilitates the absorption of the grow hormones and the release of the flower instructions.
No no nothing like that it takes as long as it takes there doing ok I think il keep what you’ve told me for future reference thanks buddy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author darrenking241 for the post:
Viz (Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:35 pm)

User avatar
jimmi2scoops
Team TGC
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:10 pm
Location: Next door to you
Has thanked: 302 times
Been thanked: 333 times
Status: Offline

Re: Feed grow nutes first week of bloom or not?

Post by jimmi2scoops » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:08 pm

You could also have a read up about the "Lucas Formula" which cuts out the need for using veg ferts altogether.
These users thanked the author jimmi2scoops for the post (total 3):
Viz (Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:35 pm) • darrenking241 (Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:41 pm) • GMO (Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:30 am)
Today i started gardening.....I planted myself in front of the TV and sat their the whole day.

User avatar
darrenking241
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:27 pm
Location: County Durham
Has thanked: 318 times
Been thanked: 122 times
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Feed grow nutes first week of bloom or not?

Post by darrenking241 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:41 pm

jimmi2scoops wrote:You could also have a read up about the "Lucas Formula" which cuts out the need for using veg ferts altogether.
Cheers il do that thanks always like to soak up info.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author darrenking241 for the post:
jimmi2scoops (Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:49 pm)

User avatar
jimmi2scoops
Team TGC
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:10 pm
Location: Next door to you
Has thanked: 302 times
Been thanked: 333 times
Status: Offline

Re: Feed grow nutes first week of bloom or not?

Post by jimmi2scoops » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:33 am

Viz wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:07 pm
If you want to speed the flip process up it is simple. On flip day turn the lights off for 48 hours. Bang flower time...

The plant biology that tells the plant to start flowering takes a while to happen due to the need for the veg plant hormones needing to be absorbed back into the plant. This process normally takes a good few days, and is why we only start to see buds sites forming after ten days or so. The extended period of darkness facilitates the absorption of the grow hormones and the release of the flower instructions.
I like this idea it was summink i used to do once upon a time when i grew with mature cuttings only so tbh i never really noticed difference. I think i will give it a go again next time i pop some seeds. Nice one :)
These users thanked the author jimmi2scoops for the post (total 2):
Viz (Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:03 pm) • darrenking241 (Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:47 pm)
Today i started gardening.....I planted myself in front of the TV and sat their the whole day.

Post Reply

Return to “Growing Q&A Room”