Welcome to the cannabis growing issues and help section. Use this section to ask about issues, deficiencies and other problems you encounter while growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Springflies

Get help fixing cannabis deficiencies and issues
Spence

Re: Springflies

Post by Spence »

I've had springtails in my rdwc system for a few months now with no noticeable issues, I just let them be
These users thanked the author Spence for the post (total 2):
wutang (Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:05 pm) • Herbalist (Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:16 am)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Spence wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:34 pm
I've had springtails in my rdwc system for a few months now with no noticeable issues, I just let them be
Thank you dude. Every comment on here helps. Appreciate it.

This was kinda my fault anyways..I didn't have a fan blowing over the prop and I let the pots rest at the bottom too much in the slight run off
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Spence (Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:11 am)

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

seymore_budz wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:37 pm
I find Bt (bacillus thuringiensis) is the most effective at eradicating larvae around the rootzone. It's by far the safest option too
These users thanked the author JJ for the post:
seymore_budz (Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:02 pm)

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

ImageImage
These users thanked the author JJ for the post:
seymore_budz (Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:02 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

wutang wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:31 pm
@2-Scoops when you mean soap, will fairy do? I'm going to order that eBay one tonight. But in the mean time I'm going to flush it out. And then re-feed as i need to up the feed anyways. Neem oil will take a few days to arrive
Yes fairy Wu mate, its all i use as an emulsifier in anything that needs it like foliar spraying as well. 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
wutang (Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:26 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:09 am
wutang wrote:
@2-Scoops when you mean soap, will fairy do? I'm going to order that eBay one tonight. But in the mean time I'm going to flush it out. And then re-feed as i need to up the feed anyways. Neem oil will take a few days to arrive
Yes fairy Wu mate, its all i use as an emulsifier in anything that needs it like foliar spraying as well. 8-)
I'll save myself another tenner then buying their own pink sun gentle soap.emulsifier. you can tell I have zero idea about science

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

@2-Scoops

So this is what I'll do..mix neem oil with water and a dash of fairy liquid..

I'll pour through both pots..

And then do I flush straight after with normal water then feed?

Or am I missing something here? Will the roots try and uptake the fairy and oil, especially if they're hungry with no nutes in the pots, if you mean that I just feed them with this neem and water mix over a few days.

Thanks
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
2-Scoops (Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

wutang wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:05 pm
@2-Scoops

Or am I missing something here? Will the roots try and uptake the fairy and oil, especially if they're hungry with no nutes in the pots, if you mean that I just feed them with this neem and water mix over a few days.

Thanks
Nah man, just give it a good root drench with neem/water mix dont fuck about ph`ing it either and miss a feed that day, then 3 or 4 days later repeat then carry on as you are day after with your fert feeds. Basically skip a feed on days you give it a root drench with neem, jobs a good en Wu. 8-)
wutang (Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:18 am)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

wutang wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:26 am
2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:09 am
wutang wrote:
I'll save myself another tenner then buying their own pink sun gentle soap.emulsifier. you can tell I have zero idea about science
If you mix a 10 litre bucket up up go with a few drops of fairy per litre and neem sweet.

Another point is if you ever do foliar spray thing with whatever you use always add a few drops of fairy per litre. Obviously when you see buds you don`t do that cus you dont wanna be blowing bubbles when you smoke it. But dish soap in itself is a great preventative for bugs in general, im not saying it nailedon to stop bugs but yes im sure get point, Dad swore by it in greenhouse to protect his tomatos.

Oh you got me rambling now but if your prone to bug attacks like you can be lots growing in lofts then just few root drenches in veg on a plant with plenty of rootage with a neem/water mix is a good bug off preventative, plant will take on system properties of neem for while. 8-)
wutang (Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:22 am)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:42 pm
wutang wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:05 pm
@2-Scoops

Thanks
Nah man, just give it a good root drench with neem/water mix dont fuck about ph`ing it either and miss a feed that day, then 3 or 4 days later repeat then carry on as you are day after with your fert feeds. Basically skip a feed on days you give it a root drench with neem, jobs a good en Wu. 8-)
Thanks bro. Root drench in essence is just flushing it with neem/water mix right?

At the moment I'm feeding every 2 to 3 days that's why I was a bit concerned that I'll be missing too many feeds and starving them from food.

But I think what you're saying is on feed day, skip it and just give neem and water mix, run through the top of the pots and flush it with it. Wait 2 days and then feed, and then do the same with neem/water again after a couple of days,, then feed again?

Return to “Cannabis issues and help section”