Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

1.2x1.2 Grow Tent Design

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Bulls
Coco Grower

1.2x1.2 Grow Tent Design

Post by Bulls »

Hello everyone. I remember how difficult it was for me before I start my first grow to get all the equipment. I have decided to make a list of everything you need to start growing 4 plants in coco in this size tent.

Tent
There are many choices on the market. There are expensive tents and there are also cheap ones. They all will do the job, but obviously the more expensive ones are build with better materials and will last you for longer. 1.2mx1.2m tent is a good size tent for a first time grower or even for someone with more experience. You can achieve some really good results in that space. Height can vary from 1.8 to 2.2m and there are also roof qube tents available to fit in the loft.

Light
Depending on what kind of light you want to use you can choose between LED, MH(Metal Halide), HPS(High Pressure Sodium). In my opinion the minimum light to cover 1.2 area will be 600W. So the choice is yours. If you decided to use LED, check with light producer the actual energy draw of the LED panel and the footprint as well. For example my Mars 2 900W LED panel draws somewhere between 400 and 450w.

Ventilation
Probably the most important bit of equipment. The ventilation is the key of a well controlled environment. It's always better to go for a bigger extractor fan and a filter and control them via controller. For this size tent I will go for a 6''L1 RVK + Same size Rhino Pro carbon filter. This size fan will allow you passive intake and you won't need another fan to push air in the tent. You might need that kind of fan if you are extracting the air from the tent in the same room where your tent is. Then you need a source with fresh for intake. This fan can be a bit noisy so you can always build a silent box from MDF if you're good in DIY.

You will also need ducting. Best ducting to buy is the Acoustic one. Reduced the noise a lot. You can also buy duct silencer for the end of the ducting to reduce the whoosh sound.

You will need at least 2 oscillation fans. I always have one on top of the canopy and one under the canopy.

Controller & Heating
It's another expensive bit of kit but will make your life a lot easier. I would recommend Evolution EcoTechnics Fan Controller. This controller gives you the chance to wire your extractor fan, intake fan and heater. All you need to do is then set the desired temperature and humidity in the groom and the controller will take care of everything.
I would wire a Fan Heater because they kick in quick and dry out the air well too.

Runoff
That gave me a lot of headache but it's so easy to deal with. All you need is about 35mm x 35mm x 2400mm timber. Cut 6 x 1.1m long pieces and make a frame to place the pots on. Then you need trays underneath to collect the runoff.
I will recommend you getting a 1.2m x 1.2m flexi tray in case you spill water. It's really well build tray that will collect about 75L of water if something goes wrong.

The rest of the list will include nutes, coco, pots and ec/ph meters.

Nutes
Canna A&B
Canna Rhizotonic
Growth Technology Liquid Silicone
Hammerhead PK 4/10
Essentials PH Down
Epson Salts

Medium
Canna Coco Professional Plus+.

Pots
4 x 10L Air pots with 6 weeks veg and LST and Topping can fill that tent really well
You will also need 0.5L starter pots to start your seeds in.

PH & EC Meters

Essentials PH Meter an Essentials EC meter or BlueLab EC meter.
You will also need ESSENTIALS PH BUFFER 4 & 7 250ML CALIBRATION FLUID METER

I think that covers most of the basic stuff you need to start a grow and don't end up in the middle wondering why something is not working properly I know it will cost you a lot but remember, most of the things you only buy once. I hope this will be helpful to someone!
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
Herbalist (Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:48 am)

camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Re: 1.2x1.2 Grow Tent Design

Post by camkush »

Nice set up mate.. with the amount of bud you get each harvest maybe I should change my things up
Roll Tide :barmy:
#ProtectDiscord

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”